I know in my head how I want to use Kiss's "Rock And Roll All Nite" as the intro. I want to adapt the riff Kiss uses to lead into the chorus of R&RAN to lead into MBG, but I don't know how I want to do it yet.
2) Boss Micro BR vs. Laptop for recording:
I don't know how to use the Boss Micro BR yet. I know how to use the laptop.
The Boss Micro BR records in stereo, important for drums. The Boss Micro BR also lets you program a stereo drum track with sample tracks loaded on the recorder. I have not learned how to do this.
The laptop only records mono.
The Boss Micro records with no latency. The laptop records with MUCHO variable latency, which means an hour or more of editing within each track.
I already know how to use the laptop.
I think the following method balances hope, sanity and fun:
1) Lay a scat track (aka verbalize all the parts like a crazy street person) over a metronome beat on the BR
2) Learn how to replace the metronome with a programmed drum track from the BR
3) Add guitars and vocals one at a time
4) Bounce the tracks off to Audacity when I need to empty one of the four tracks to record the next source.
5) Mix in Audacity.
Any of you wanna take time to spend time with me and the BR to help me succeed in the above method, please volunteer. Danke mein damen und herren!