Log in

No account? Create an account

Fri, Jul. 14th, 2006, 03:42 pm
I have a guitar pedal idea in my head. Lemme know if it exists, and if so, what it's called.

crossposted to [info]effects_junkies and [info]guitargeek

I want a heel-toe aka seesaw-style pedal that has send and return to loop my effects pedals, so I can control how how much of the output from the pedal is my effects pedals versus clean guitar.

An on/off stomp button for 100% loop would be nice too, and a gain knob to turn the loop signal up or down to match the clean signal, but those aren't a must.

Does this exist? I'm ready to buy. Please comment here or e-mail me at basilwhite a@Aat7Tt basilwhite doO0Tt coO0m - Thx!

Fri, Jul. 14th, 2006 08:15 pm (UTC)

You're looking for a parallel effects loop thats controlled by an expression pedal. i'm not positive of any brand that exists, however i can't imagine it would be hard to have one of the many looping companies out there make you one, or to take a parallel effects loop pedal (like this one) and have it modded to use the expression pedal.

good luck!

Fri, Jul. 14th, 2006 08:52 pm (UTC)

you could do it with a pan pedal, one side clean and the other dirty, and run both into a mixer or just a Y cable.

Fri, Jul. 14th, 2006 09:00 pm (UTC)

best diagram ever.

sorry thats not much help though :)

Fri, Jul. 14th, 2006 10:34 pm (UTC)

What you are looking for is a pan pedal. Example:


BTW, it would be more beneficial to simply have enabled commenting within the communities in which this was crossposted, if only to save those responding the trouble of having to visit an extra page. It also helps for the sake of tracking which communities offer you the most help.

Sat, Jul. 15th, 2006 06:14 am (UTC)
basilwhite: Crashposting and

When I crosspost (VERY rare), I crashpost the comments into one thread so people benefit from each other's work and people don't duplicate effort. But there is the loss of which of the threads was the most productive, I'll grant you that.

BTW, you gave me the link I was looking for. I'm a bass player, I don't understand the pedal mumbo jumbo. Thanks.

Sat, Jul. 15th, 2006 06:22 am (UTC)
basilwhite: Got the Ernie Ball pedal.

Got the Ernie Ball pedal. Thanks for the link.

Fri, Jul. 14th, 2006 10:50 pm (UTC)

I've seen those kinds of things before, but for assignable keyboard effect controls. Korg makes them, but I don't know whether or not they would be remotely useful for this...