- Hang like a puppet with a loop on top of your head.
- Appogio. You can use the mic stand for this.
- Yawn like you're trying to conceal the yawn. Sing on the yawn.
- Keep the jaw loose and raise the head instead. Open your mouth by lifting the top back teeth.
- Sing tongue twisters as scales. A good one is "red leather yellow leather."
- Pinch your nose to make sure the soft palate is high and the tone doesn't change.
- Honey lozenges and pineapple.
- Character analysis for singing: Who are you, where are you, who are you talking to, what do you want from who you're taking to, what's in your way, what are you doing to get what you want, what happened before you started to sing.
- When you're singing, you're talking to someone. Sing to your "scene partner" hidden in the audience. You have an important secret and can't wait to share it. The world is a guest at my party.
- Performing is about being in the moment.
- Sing like speech.
My Scribilus notes on "The Everything Singing Book" - http://www.scribilus.com/app/users.aspx/basilw
I believe in the power of parody to weaken negative emotions. My father used parody to show acceptance and forgiveness. "Dad, I forgot to buy you a…
I've never been good at identifying lyrics in songs, but now that I sing in public, I construct an e
I've never been good at identifying lyrics in songs, but now that I sing in public, I construct an emotional story to remember and deliver the…